A recipe most people have never imagined. A recipe from CA's mom. Martha's Pâte Brisée, and some fresh rhubarb. Divine.
Of course, it's practically the middle of the night when I take it out of the oven. Sigh...
4 Cups Rhubarb, cut into 1-1/2" chunks
12 oz. Pineapple tidbits, canned
5 T. Cornstarch
1-3/4 Cup Sugar
Pâte Brisée for two crusts
1. Mix rhubarb with pineapple tidbits, cornstarch, and sugar.
2. Roll pie crust and line 9" pie plate with one crust.
3. Pour in rhubarb mixture.
4. Roll second crust and place on top of pie.
5. Flute edges; pierce vent holes on top.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour. Cover edges during bake time if they begin to darken.
7. Cool thoroughly and serve with vanilla ice cream.