24 June 2016
12 June 2016
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Almond extract
1 Egg yolk, slightly beaten
2 Hard-cooked Egg yolks, cooled and sieved*
2 cups Flour**
- Beat together softened butter and sugar.
- Mix together beaten egg yolk and flavorings.
- Add seived egg yolks.
- Gradually mix in flour, until forms soft ball.
- Gather dough into ball, wrap with cling film and refrigerate one hour.
- Roll dough to thickness. Cut into small shapes 1-1/2 - 2".
- Bake at for 12 - 15 minutes @350°
*Press chilled yolks through a fine mesh sieve.
10 June 2016
We've spent most of our time planning for, shopping for, and feathering our nest.
We waited a bit for chair #3 to arrive...
The Fun Kids spent an overnight with us their last day of school before Summer break. We had great pizza at Cozzola's and on Saturday morning we made our first visit to the Old Town Farmers Market. Happily, we found some small radishes--memories of French markets.
And finally, gorgeous roses from a DIL who shares generously.