29 November 2009

TRAVELING HOME




We're all on the road early--after clearing most of the clutter from Gigi's house. She'll miss us, but the quiet will sound great for a while.

JA tells his mommy this morning that he wants to go back to great, great grandpa's house! That's a lot of greats, and the retirement high-rise isn't probably ready for a return visit from CA and my grandkids!

The mommies have packed sandwiches and treats for the road, and JA has DVDs to keep him happy. LG and KF have a new CD to listen to--and lots of flat farmland to entertain them out the windows!

CA drives, so he gets to choose what's on the radio. I read my latest Elizabeth George Inspector Lynley Mystery--With No One as Witness. Finished Ian Rankin's Set in Darkness last night, and George's A Traitor to Memory a few days earlier. Looks like I missed one in between--A Place of Hiding (one of the weaker books in the series according to ListMania). But, I might have already read it because I definitely read A Traitor to Memory within the past year or two. I need to update my list.

After the car is unloaded and the bags are mostly unpacked, we adjourn to our respective corners and relax throughout the afternoon and into the evening. I try to find some worthwhile t.v., but soon find myself reading in the cozy chair in the corner near a window and the fireplace of my great room. A very nice place to be.

No comments: