08 November 2009

RECOVERING, AGAIN


This seems familiar--the same cold that I had the week before Kaua'í. Sore throat and back of the head congestion. I spend a good part of the today and most of yesterday resting. CA goes to DM+MK's to watch the Bear's game, but I keep my germs at home.

A bit before 3:00pm I drive to Portillo's for a jumbo hot dog with the works, and also pick up chopped salads for our dinner later tonight. Then, I have my paint mixed at Menards. TB suggested Pittsburg Paints Ultra line, and Menards is able to match my colors: SW 6385 Dover White for the bathroom, and SW 6269 for both bedrooms.

I push myself a bit and stop at Marshall's. I find our Ralph Lauren double old fashion glasses, so I buy two. If I find the single old fashion's I will get 4 or more. $6.99 each, which is about a dollar less than I paid eight years ago. I buy JA a yoga mat! And, a couple of stocking stuffers for later.

My final stop is Joseph's for the ingredients we need to cook in Omaha this week. Ingredients for Monster Tacos and Chile Verde, and we plan to try the savory Quiche Lorraine scones featured on the GOOD LIFE {eats} blog. They sound delicious!

CA rolls in just after me, and once we settle in we thoroughly enjoy our chopped salads while watching a bit of HGTV's House Hunters. CA deserts me when the Kardashian Wedding Special comes on at 7:00pm. Between that, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Mad Men I have a good TV evening. The TV viewing is interspersed with bouts of cleaning and preparing the upstairs rooms for the painter...

PM has initiated the J family Christmas details--December 12th-- the absolute latest the very pregnant  MK should travel. We are all very excited as DM's family has never been around for the Central Illinois bash. We're scaling things down a bit this year--one meal and no gift exchange--but, there will be plenty of food and more presents and fun things than anyone would believe. We can usually count on about 50 people at the family Christmas. Hoping JE's family will be able to come back since it won't interfere with MA's family's Christmas Eve/Day plans...

No comments: