01 April 2009

CELEBRATING RvH

German chocolate cakes this time. A three-layer for RvH's birthday and a small bundt for CA. At 11:00pm last night I discover that I need condensed milk for the icing and CA comes to my rescue, stepping out of the shower and then out the door to the grocery store.

Both cakes are lovely. I find just the right catering containers to seal in the freshness--RvH's is surrounded with pink tissue paper.

Her gifts turn out so, so well. The 11 DVD collection of As Time Goes By arrived yesterday, just in time. I color coordinate all the wrappings, and the card. My outfit even matches! The beautiful gift envelope contains a small box of artfully-wrapped shortbread, 3 oatmeal-raisin cookies, and some beautiful Caspari napkins.

CA and I meet RvH near South Barrington and we drive together into Chicago and to Ann Sather's on Belmont. We have such good food--a Southwestern wrap with chorizo, eggs, cheese, jalapenos, and salsa for me; a bacon and American cheese omelet for CA, and the Monte Cristo for RvH. CA and RvH share two cinnamon rolls, and CA takes two to a soccer friend. I give RvH my beautiful fruit cup to take home and enjoy with her Monte Cristo leftovers.

After breakfast the sun comes out as we drive to North Avenue, and while Chris heads to Sam's Wine and Liquors, RvH and I go to the Land of Nod and The Container Store. Then we circle the wagons and driveto West Superior and Ricci's for some freshly roasted nuts.

We are back in South Barrington by 1:30pm--in time for CA to get to soccer practice, RvH to rest and get to a wake, and for me to do a couple of errands and fit in a short nap before working on the transcription.

A very, very good day.

No comments: