10 February 2012

Decisions

Venetian Rose 1292
Benjamin Moore

White Dove OC-17
Benjamin Moore

The painters will return in a week or so. They'll continue the fresh coat of Blonde in the main living areas and repaint the master bedroom ceiling which has been under observation for two winters. The dormer roof has been successfully repaired and we're more than ready to get rid of that suspicious 18" dark line overhead.

Blonde SW-6128
Sherwin Williams

And, the big news is that our study-dining room is getting a lovely new color. Pink. I can hardly believe it. CA can hardly believe it. I get to choose and I choose Venetian Rose on the walls and White Dove on the ceiling. Pink is supposed to be an extremely flattering color as it reflects on a lady's countenance. We will, wisely, have the painters sample it on one wall before utterly committing.

All this is a result of DV's visit yesterday, and my choice of drapery fabric. Exciting stuff. I haven't been able to track down an online sample of the Stroheim fabric, but I'll keep looking. It's lovely--a very soft aqua (teal?) background with a multitude of colors and tones. You'll see.


And, when I found this photo on Houzz today, I texted DV that I obviously have much work to do in my morning room.




It's already changing. Just not quite ready for reveal.








No comments: