05 February 2012

Longing for a French Kitchen




Months (and months!) ago I posted about this fabric and this small console table, without following through with the results.





This is a narrow back hallway leading from our mud room-laundry room, and difficult to photograph. But, you get the idea.

I purchased two different lengths of cafe rods at WalMart (using a short piece with a long piece to form two long-enough rods), had a handy man bend them at appropriate lengths, then mount the cafe rod brackets on sides and front of underskirting of console table. Obviously, the gathered panels had to meet to coincide with the appropriate mounting bracket, and the two rods end (just barely touching) in the front middle.

Voilà!  Rather French kitchen, if I do say so myself.

At the moment I've stored a ton of coffee-table sized books on the hidden shelf. Out of sight, out of mind? Probably. But, when I need them, there they are.

No comments: