old laptop - may she rest in peace...
- Do not keep your laptop on it's charger all the time unless you've removed the battery
- Do not buy a higher capacity battery than the one that comes with your laptop, even if the manufacturer says it will work
- Do not attempt to service your own laptop over the phone with a Dell (or any) techie... Best Buy provides a free 15 minute analysis/evaluation/check-up and they are real live people
- The Geek Squad deserves respect!
- Do not ever let your laptop warranty expire
- Realistically, if your laptop lasts two years it's had a fine life and you have to let it go to heaven
- It's o.k. to mourn the death of an electronic device, but don't obsess