24 September 2008

DESIGNING WOMAN, part 1














Service League of Crystal Lake's Designer Showcase at
The Dole Mansion - Lakeside Center.

Maybe I wasn't supposed to take pictures? One of the docents joined us in this room and while I refrained from taking pictures, she didn't leave us alone. She didn't say anything directly. No apologies. What is a designer showcase for other than to give us ideas. Oh, maybe to get business for the designer while raising money for the charity? I paid twice, so that must get me something.

I just wanted to show my husband the headboard made out of a wooden door. Lori O'Callaghan of Junk Warehouse gives classes and for $300 you get the class and all the supplies. The pediment on top is $125 extra. We are going to make this for our master bedroom.

And, the fireplace mantle--I wanted to remember the simple sherbet cup arrangement--each filled with stones and topped with a flower bulb. Notice there are 5. My best friend RvH says you are always supposed to go with an uneven number in a display. I have lots of displays with even numbers of objet d'art and they look good...

No comments: