25 September 2008

DANCING IN STYLE

I spent much of today making my purple tutu! For me! Really. Don't worry, you won't see me at the grocery store, on the street, or on the basketball court with Kobe. It's a wrap-around with enough gross grain ribbon to tie a great big bow. I will dazzle! Wait until the 3+ year old asks for Grandma to dance with her. I'll be styling.

My husband's reaction reminded me of years ago when my teen-aged daughter walked in on me piercing my own ears--a second set of holes so that I could wear my little diamonds and still be able to wear all my favorite earrings. She yelled, "Dad, you won't believe what she's doing now!"

JE mentioned to her husband MA that I was making myself a tutu. He did the "hum-m-m" and head-shake thing. She was wondering... He then asked, "What's a tutu?"

I think I will get my $4.00 worth out of the netting I bought!

No comments: