18 September 2008

READING

I have been blessed with so many new authors and great books lately. Sometimes it seems that everyone writes such depressing novels, and then voila', a whole rash of great books. I was blown away by Donna Milner's After River, and then I discovered Cecilia Ahern's wonderfully light and well-written novels--from an Irish perspective. First P.S. I Love You, then Love, Rosie (also published as Rosie Dunne)--a novel written in a series of letters and emails that spans almost 50 years. Next I plan to read her If You Could See Me Now.

Then, I found The Kept Man by Jami Attenberg. Wow! She can write. I also thoroughly enjoyed A Ticket to Ride by Paula McLain--set in my growing-up era and in a similar location to my family's home. I was a very good girl and did not have the experiences that Jamie and Dawn had, but certainly saw similarities to stuff my friends went through.

1 comment:

Eeleen Lee said...

I read 'The Kept Man' as well, I agree with you, it is pretty good

like the look of your blog, by the way