Tuesday night, I managed this...
|Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup and Gluten-Free Peach Crepes.|
|The basis for my gluten-free crepes.|
|Filled with peach jam.|
|The crepes are a bit fragile. No gluten does that.|
The Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup was a concoction I put together when we were at the beach many years ago. Just a few ingredients, and yet tasty and filling. This time, I actually did the mirepoix, but in the past I've just sautéed onions. The proportions are as follows:
Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 cup Carrots, sliced or diced
1 cup Celery, thinly sliced
1 cup Sweet onion, diced
3 T. Butter
1 bag Broccoli, frozen
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1-1/4 cup Half-n-half, or milk (as preferred)
Salt and pepper, as desired.
- Sauté vegetables until somewhat soft.
- Stir in Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Add milk.
- Heat through.
- Season to-taste.
- Blend together until mixture is still somewhat lumpy.
Gluten-Free Peach Crepes
1 cup Milk
3 T. Butter, melted
3/4 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Pancake Mix
- Mix liquid ingredients together.
- Stir in pancake mix, stir just until dry ingredients are mixed in,
- Measure 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter onto oiled and heated crepe pan.
- When top of crepe is almost dry, spoon on 1-2 T of peach jam.
- Gently filed crepe in half and then quarters.
- Makes approximately 4 crepes.
I got a late start this morning and CA had gone about his errands and appointments, but I made this for myself...
|Eggs-in-baskets. Gluten-free, Udi's bread.|
Then for dinner tonight...
|My Americanized version of chicken curry.|
|Mise en place.|
|I chopped the chicken while the sweet potatoes roasted in the|
oven at 400º. And, this time I sautéed the apples separately.
|After the chicken was almost cooked through, I added the onions.|
|Chicken, onions, apple chunks, white raisins, and curry paste.|
About 1/3 of the jar, or to-taste.
|Our curry paste, of choice.|
|First time I've tried this. Worked fine.|
|The fresh Cilantro really kicked it up.|
|Our chutney, of choice. Quality and price.|
We've experimented with adding sweet potatoes to the sauté sometimes raw and others boiled slightly. The results were under-cooked and over-cooked. This time, I oven-roasted the sweet potato chunks in a bit of olive oil. I then placed the Jasmine rice and roasted sweet potatoes side-by-side into the bowl and ladled the curry over.
2 sm Sweet Potatoes, diced
1/2 med Onion, diced
1 med Apple, diced
1 cup Raisins, white
1 cup Peas, frozen
1 whole Chicken breast, boneless; diced
Salt and pepper (for chicken as it sautés)
3 - 4 T. Curry paste
1 can Coconut milk
- Oven-roast sweet potatoes at 400º until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Sauté apple chunks separately in olive oil, if desired.
- Sauté chicken breast chunks until almost cooked through; add onions and continue sautéing until onions are translucent.
- Add apple chunks to chicken-onion mixture; stir in curry paste.
- Stir in raisins and peas. Heat through.
- Pour in coconut milk and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over both rice and sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle on Cilantro, if desired.