O.K. I'll admit it. Instagram has gotten its hooks into me. I was first attracted because a few of my favorite bloggers have migrated, almost entirely, from blogging to Instagram. I've missed them.
I do despair over the cropped-square requirements. Not everything fits into a box. In life, and for sure in Instagram.
So far, here are the filters I'm employing for following and blocking.
- I already follow her/his blog
- They like me; their own Instagram feed is both public and not scary*
- They follow me; *(see above)
- I follow a link; *(see above)
- High quality and interesting photos *(see above)
- Potential stalkers
- Potential pedifiles
- On a national registry
- Feed has too many "selfies" (pictures she's/he's taken of himself/herself
- Foul language-symbols-photos
- Pig farmers in Russia. Oh wait! I am following him.