16 December 2012

Another Sunday in the City




RvH and I have decided to celebrate Christmas in Chicago today beginning with the 9:30am service at Fourth Presbyterian on North Michigan Avenue, brunch at Nordstrom's Cafe, window gazing and shopping at Nordstrom's, Nieman Marcus, Ralph Lauren, et al...

Someone may have purchased a turquoise beret at Nordstrom's... Cute!

We catch up on our lives and opinions, exchange Christmas gifts, and have a lovely day.

This evening is our Small Group's Christmas dinner, so I have to hustle around once I'm home to prepare a hot vegetable for our contribution--cauliflower, broccoli, carrots; sautéed onions,celery, cheese sauce (Velveeta and a bit of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup), buttered breadcrumbs... Voilà! (They lick up every bit--disappointing CA who was hoping for leftovers.)

I'm exhausted! Really exhausted, and I can't even sleep in tomorrow because LL wants an extra day at Health Bridge this week. Big idea... I make arrangements to meet a bit late--9:00am sounds good.

No comments: