24 March 2009

WALLOWING



I am home! Drove the 7+ hours yesterday entertained by Sirrus satellite radio--Martha, Cosmo, NPR Now, and the Book Channel. Helps time fly while driving across the 300 miles of Iowa and 130 or so of Illinois.

I am spending today wallowing in being home--savouring my oh-so-comfy bed and then nesting into one of my favorite reading spots just enjoying the ambiance of home. Around 10am the doorbell rings and I decide to ignore it. Then there is an insistent knock on the door--how rude! There is no one I need to see today except CA and he is on the field coaching soccer. The telephone rings with a local, but unknown number, so I succumb to answering and learn that there is a flower delivery at my door.

Thanks for taking care of us. We love you! Love, JA and LE.

How very sweet. I am missing the squishy little guy and lovely little angel baby. JA doesn't usually talk on the phone, but today he was persuaded and I sang his favorite marching song.
There was a wise old king who had 10,000 men
He marched them up the hill, and he marched them down again.
When you're up, you're up. And, when you're down, you're down
But when you're only half way up, you're neither up nor down!

We usually finish that off with a hut-two-three-four, hut-two-three-four. Yes, sir! And then a smart salute. JE said that he is smiling the whole time and although he doesn't say I love you, grandma [this time], he does deign to say bye-bye.

No comments: