25 March 2009

KILLING A DAY


Once upon a time, a dashing young British Army officer and a lovely student nurse fell deeply, magically in love. Then he was shipped off to Korea and they never heard from one another. Forty years later, fate brings them together again... with hilarious results. From the first moment Jean and Lionel meet again to the wedding of Alistair and Judith, all the classic moments are here for fans to enjoy.

I seem to have acquired the knack of killing a day... With no particular accomplishments unless you count reading recipes online, playing solitaire, checking out kids' gifts on eBay and Amazon, reading my blog roll, writing emails, and manipulating my online photo albums. It is 5:00pm and that is the sum total of my day's activities, unless you count the one load of laundry?

Had a brainstorm earlier today for the perfect birthday gift for my hard-to-shop-for friend who is celebrating 66 on April 1st. I ordered the complete set of the Judith Dench and Geoffrey Palmer BBC series As Time Goes By. Yep! 9 seasons; 1920 minutes; 32 hours; 64 episodes of slow moving, nothing much happens, British humor involving very middle-aged lead characters. She will love it because she loves London and everything English. And, she officially retires the day before her birthday, so she should have plenty of time to enjoy her gift. I consider this brilliant. [I bow.] Thank you!

Now I believe that I shall shower and stage my kitchen for a blog-worthy photo-shoot.

No comments: