16 October 2008

MANGE; TO EAT

Rumors of the demise of Macaroni Grill fill me with sadness. Say it isn't so, Joe. I love their menu and ambiance. Several locations have closed. Macaroni Grill is so much better than Maggiano's and far less $$.

Our first experience was in Wheaton at Danada Square and we delighted as closer and more far flung locations opened. It is always a guaranteed good meal. Almost without exception. One time, in South Barrington/Hoffman Estates, we had poor service on a Sunday early afternoon. It shocked me.

My best visit was when the SB/HE site first opened. We chose to be seated in a table overlooking the prep and final assembly area. It was a ballet of the sort I prefer. I loved the energy and simplicity of the combination of ingredients and pasta varieties. Beauty in motion and top-notch entertainment.

Long live Macaroni Grill. Don't pull the plug without a vote!

No comments: