30 October 2008

BEING THE TEMP, part 5

They have asked me to work two 20-hour weeks! Since I have been actually working less than 20-hours a week since I began this assignment, it will be interesting to see how many hours I can fill in a 20-hour week. I took the time to check my calendar and train schedule before agreeing. I can work a 9:00am - 3:30pm, six-and-a-half hour day without lunch, so I signed on.

I can tell that my energies are waning... Just the wear and tear of the commute and length of days is taxing. My creativity has been low and I miss it. I have projects to complete before our November 22nd departure for Europe and places to be and people to see...

I want to bake 5 or 6 different kinds of cookies to give to friends for the holidays even though we leave before Thanksgiving--Monster Cookies, oatmeal raisin, shortbread, peanut butter shortbread, and pecan tassies. Not a Christmasy assortment, but some of my best recipes. I will package like kinds separately and freeze in Ziplock bags. RvH shines with presentation, so there is no need for me to arrange.

The promised pillow covers are still just an idea. While I did cut out the first, good thing I remembered that I had purchased yardage for a table runner, too, before I cut any more. First we need to buy a 50cm square pillow for at IKEA--tomorrow--and then I can plow forward.

Next weekend we go to central Illinois to visit family and the following to Omaha to deliver Christmas gifts and begin planning the little baby girl's room. Can hardly wait! The little squishy guy will have a baby sister soon. He is such a loving and intentional little guy--mommy and daddy's little helper, I am sure.

No comments: