22 October 2008

CRAFTING A BRACELET

Attended a jewelry-making party at the home of a good friend. A clever idea even though the presenter was wound a bit tightly and had a shrill voice. Possible a career in direct sales should be reconsidered.

I followed the pattern precisely--small beadwork not being my most creative endeavour. A lovely gift for my mother-in-law.

Cooking and sewing and interior decorating are areas where I can shine. I always follow the recipe the first go-through; no substitutions. Many times the creator has it nailed, but once in awhile I can give it a slight spin or adjust for improvement. Then the recipe is mine! I will take the credit.

I hadn't sewn in years until early summer. It's like riding a bike! I climbed back on and created a commuting bag with a divider and pockets and a little bling for show. Then the aforementioned tutu and next the long-promised pillow covers in a sage green chenille.

The women in my family read cookbooks like novels--for entertainment and relaxation. That's why we are all great cooks--each and every one of us.

No comments: