21 October 2008

BEING THE TEMP, part 4

It amazes me that companies are willing to pay me to do... NOTHING. Keeping a temp busy takes organization and time, so the default is ignoring the temp. I greet the appropriate people each morning and then check my email. Then I read the news on-line, and if the day proceeds as usual I then begin searching the blogs and reading those pertinent to our November / December travel plans. Once in awhile I am given a small assignment, but since the first 1-1/2 to 2 weeks, I have more down time than productive time.

I am getting good at filling these hours, but I would rather work for my money. The days go much faster. And, I am still as tired at the end of a lazy day as a busy one. The main difference being that at the end of a productive day I feel better about myself. But, I ask for work and about taking on new projects. I think they have over-estimated the workload. Pity the person who takes this as full-time.

No comments: