15 February 2010

TAKING A BREAK




I'm sick. Really. Nothing tragic, just coughing, sneezing, aching, runny nose, congestion, dry eyes, and self pity.

Traveling on Friday was tedious, but nothing out-of-the-ordinary. We stopped for pizza in CL at Georgio's on our way home. We were craving some great Chicago-style pizza, and even though the wait was long we settled in and felt at home.

By Saturday a.m. there was no pretending that I could keep anything together. I haven't been this sick in a long, long time. I almost never get a cough, and while I haven't made the effort to measure my body temperature I know it's slightly elevated because of the consistent symptoms.

I've been inside for 3+ days and there's no escaping today. My appetite is moderate and I'm sick enough that I can tolerate mindless television. Home sweet home. I love it!

Excuse me now while I sink back into a very comfortable stupor...

No comments: