01 May 2013

De-Carbonating

I've not been a huge soda fan, but for years have enjoyed a Diet Coke a few times a week. Then someone posted this on Facebook.
 
 
I don't take this at face value, but it has caused me to re-evaluate artificial sweeteners-- which I've always used sparingly.
 
Now, I use a tiny bit of cane sugar in my iced tea--when out-and-about. At home our iced tea is high quality and absolutly fresh so it needs no additive.
 
And, I'm giving up Diet Coke for 60 days to see if I feel better.
 
All that said, I'm guessing it'd take huge amounts of Aspartame to cause any ill effects.
 
 
For now, I'm adding the tiniest bit of this to iced tea, and planning to try it in our newly filtered drinking water at home.
 
INGREDIENTS
water, propylene glycol, malic acid, citric acid, sucralose and acesulfame potassium (sweeteners), red 40, potassium citrate, natural flavor, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate (preservative).
 
 
Unfortunately, there are warnings about this, too. But, I'm just using a small drop...
 
You really can't win in the engineered food wars...
 

No comments: