07 March 2011

TODAY



So...
I have to write this all down, because LL and I had the best day today. Backing up a bit, LL called The Perfect Thing in Wheaton, IL last week to see if they'd be interested in taking on consignment her Portmeirion Summer Strawberries (retired in 1999) dinnerware . They were, and since I had plans in the Wheaton area today we went together. I'm taking along a bunch of small primitive antiques to see if TPT is interested in handling my stuff. As soon as we arrive I realize this is more furniture and dinnerware, but they're nice enough to point me to a shop in nearby Naperville that should be interested. I leave that for another day...

The Perfect Thing'sTLC pilot ran last November and the series was picked up--14 episodes air beginning soon.

This is the strawberry version.

I LOVE the store and had a hard time resisting several furniture items... LL bought a pair of Portmeirion Apple lamps for a very good price. I will go back soon, and then back again.



We meet up with LL's decorator sister DV at TPT and then enjoy lunch together at Front Street Cocina--our favorite Mexican restaurant from our kids' college days. Great food--both LL and DV enjoy their meals. And, I'm a totally thrilled to be at Front Street again. I have the appetizer spinach and onion quesadilla, LL has the chicken fajaita salad, while DV has the pork tamales with the works--beans and rice. We love the tortillas chips and freshly-made salsa. Always great.

LL and I--the Weight Watchers--decide we won't be able to handle dinner tonight although we've plenty of points remaining.

After saying good-bye to DV, we head to the Ribeiro's--MK's cousins who live in nearby Carol Stream. We get to see baby JS and also IR. HR and GR are always wonderful hosts and we have non-stop conversation and laughter as we nibble on the yummy scones and hot tea.

RvH is expecting us around 3:00pm, so we hit the road again. She has stuff for me--stuff she's ready to send to Goodwill but I get to sort through first. Christmas and Easter decorations, vases, dishes, napkins, etc. LL gets a tour of the house, although I've literally sprung her on RvH with no earlier notice. As usual RvH has magazines and gifts to send along home with me.

We wile away the time giving and getting advice, sharing stories, and making shopping and decorating plans. By 4:30pm I've hit a wall--yawning and propping my eyes open. We decide to skip our dinner plans and say good-bye to RvH and head home.

My plans for tonight include--pajamas, television, and stretching out on the couch. Um-m-m

No comments: