27 March 2011

SUNDAY, AND IT'S SUNNY!



CA and I enjoy breakfast today with our friend KG. Benedict's serves Intelligentsia coffee--a favorite. CA can't resist the Risotto Benedict again, while I branch out with poached eggs atop prosciuto with a tomato coulis plopped on freshly steamed asparagus spears. And, an English muffin floating with melted butter. Sorry WW...

Today's a sunny, but cold early Spring day and I'm too restless to stay home, so after dropping CA off, I accomplish some tasks in Woodstock, and then drive 25 minutes to Lake Geneva, WI. I'm not the only Chicagoan with this idea the streets bustling with friends and families, bundled up against the cold, but with sunglasses firmly in place.

I'm not overly tempted by the merchandise, but wandering about the lovely shops is creatively stimulating. Eventually, I find Starbucks for a grande mostly-dry, extra-hot capuccino. Good thing I've tucked a Greek yogurt in my tote bag because someone is grilling burgers and I'm hungry...

Before heading home, I check out Marshall's and TJMaxx in Crystal Lake. Have to do this at least once a week.

I've managed to touch base with two girlfriends during my drive time--with promises of future dinners and evenings together. I've missed both CF and NF. I haven't seen NF since her husband's wake... We try to get together, but our schedules don't always jive.

Tomorrow is Monday, so I'll be home--cleaning and arranging and packing for my trip. I love Mondays!

No comments: