06 May 2009

THE BEST IS YET TO BE...


Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!
Robert Browning

I am catching up on my blog roll when I glance up and out the French doors, realizing that this is the very part of life that I have wished for all my life... Time to sip some great French press coffee, to nibble at a soy yogurt and granola, to look at lovely design photos, while living in a beautiful place.

A pre-trip haircut today at MT. Done by 2:00pm and get that Portillo's hot dog with everything--including hot peppers and tomatoes, onions, relish, and mustard. Skipped the french fries because I know there are Reese's Peanutbutter Cups at home...

Today is packing day and it seems overwhelming. CA's practice is canceled because of thunder and lightening, so he helps out. Hoping to fit it all into two suitcases--bulk and weight. JL is willing to take a second suitcase if needed. British Airways is threatening to charge us for the second suitcase per person on the London-Vienna leg so if we can avoid the fourth suitcase, we save.

JL arrives tomorrow afternoon. We are going to rendezvous in Hoffman Estates at Claim Jumpers for an early dinner with RvH, as JL is bringing geraniums from Key Blooms for RvH's patio and front entrance--one hot pink and one peach.

No comments: