16 March 2010

STRETCHING

JA and grandma practicing yoga.

Today I participated in my first yoga class in 2-1/2 years. I always do some yoga--the stretching and poses help realign my back, neck, and other aging parts. Since rejoining Health Bridge, so far I've only power walked, braved the eliptical, and used the pool, steam room, and sauna a bit. I had plans with a friend for yoga today but when she was side-lined with a serious knee incident I decided to dive in. It's good to be back. I plan on attending a class on Thursday, too. And, on Friday I will do a aquatic exercise class with a friend and power walk.

I'm feeling pretty fine about how my days are shaping up. I'm back into organizing my e-version cookbook and just about ready to cut into the fabric for JE's kitchen curtains. I've had a couple of good books in this batch (later on that) and I've signed up as a volunteer for the adult literacy program at the local community college. There's a class required before I'm certified--three Saturdays in April for a total of 12 hours.

I'm going to take it slowly, but I think eventually I will add one more commitment and then coast...

A gorgeous 60 degree and partly sunny day today. I'm making beef vegetable soup and sugar cookies. Thawed the beef before I realized I should be thinking Spring food, not more winter.

No comments: