2 Cups Flour, sifted
2 tsp. Baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1-1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Cups Sugar
1-1/2 Cups Vegetable oil
2 Cups Carrots, peeled and finely grated
8-1/2 oz. Can Crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 Cup Walnuts or pecans, chopped
3-1/2 oz. Flaked coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Blend together in separate mixing bowl: sugar, salad oil, and eggs; stir in flour mixture.
4. Add carrots, pineapple, nuts, and coconut; blend thoroughly.
5. Butter or Pam spray (3) 9" round layer pans, or 9 x 13 rectangle.
6. Dust pan(s) with flour or sugar. Shake out excess.
7. Bake 35 - 40 minutes for layer pans, possible longer for 9 x 13.
8. Test for doneness with toothpick--should come out dry and clean.
9. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Turn cake onto racks to cool thoroughly.
10. Fill layers and frost sides with Cream Cheese Frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1+ tsp. Vanilla
1 lb. Confectioner's [Powdered] Sugar
1. In mixing bowl, blend together butter and cream cheese; add vanilla.
2. Gradually add in powdered sugar, beating well.
3. If mixture is too thick to spread, add a small amount of milk.
NOTE: Try using only 4 oz. of cream cheese, and more milk. Frosting is still rich and creamy with just a hint of cream cheese rather than a strong taste.