27 June 2014

Whipping Cream Pound Cake

 

 

Seems I've been holding out on my readers... The VERY BEST pound cake ever conceived has never appeared on this blog. I've been making it forever--a recipe discovered (somewhere) by my good friend BB. I get very self-conscious when asked for the recipe, because this, my readers, is a heart attack on a plate.

 

Whipping Cream Pound Cake

12 oz. Butter, the real stuff

6 Eggs

3 cups Sugar

1 tsp. Vanilla

3 cups Cake flour

Tiny pinch of salt (unless using salted butter)

1 cup Whipping cream, not beaten

 

1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease tube or Bundt pan with butter; dust with sugar.

2. With mixer, beat together butter and sugar until very smooth.

3. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until smooth.

4. Gradually (1/2 cup at a time) add flour, alternately with whipping cream. Beat until smooth and light--scraping sides.

5. Place on shelf just lower than middle of oven.

6. Bake for 1 hour, or until you smell the lusciousness, and a bamboo tester comes out clean. Do not over-bake.

 

We're having strawberry shortcake tonight, using locally-grown berries. And, I'm (finally) making the first jam of the summer.

 

The rhubarb goes into the freezer for a future (soon) strawberry-rhubarb pie.
 
I know this is the proper presentation for a Bundt-style cake...
 
But, I can never resist presenting this side, in all its rustic beauty.

 

 

No comments: