TOLL HOUSE TART
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Butter, melted and cooled
8 - 10 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips (best quality)
1 cup Walnuts or pecans, chopped medium
Pastry for a 9" pie shell (we use Martha Stewart's Pâte Brisée, but Pillsbury Refrigerated Crust works fine)
1. Prepare Pâte Brisée .
2. Roll the crust very thin and press into the bottom and 1" up the sides of a 12" drop-bottom tart pan. Set aside. (I sometimes pre-bake the pastry for 10 minutes at 350˚; cool completely before continuing with assembly.)
3. Beat eggs until foamy.
4. Add flour and sugars.
5. Slowly stir in melted and cooled butter.
6. Evenly distribute a layer of chocolate chips, then a layer of chopped nuts.
7. Pour batter over top, making sure to leave 1/2" margin to top of pastry crust.
8. Bake one hour at 325 degrees.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.