03 September 2010

DAYLIGHT DREAMING



For what ever reason (!) I could not get to sleep last night until after 1:00am... And, my cellphone alarm is set at 5:15am with no chance of hitting the snooze button--yoga is at 6:00am and I have to allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the drive.

6:00am yoga is way too prahna yama for me, but it's the only class on Fridays and the instructor is one of the very best. He starts us off very gently, allowing our bodies to adjust very gradually, but there's always a challenge buried in before the hour is over. Why, oh why can't his class be a 9:15am class, or at least sometime north of 7:00am. I love how he describes yoga as Simon Says for grown-ups.

So, with something less than 4  hours of sleep and after 1-1/2 hours at the gym, when I arrive home (even after coffee) I need a nap. Can't help it. It just has to happen.

The good news is that during my dream time I visit The Pioneer Woman's ranch. Yep! I'm a special guest along with 6 or 8 others. There's a bit of cooking and also an engagement party or wedding reception (with tons more guests) for PW's daughter (who in reality is something like 13 years old!). There's definitely some dressing up and some last minute cleaning and cooking, and a frenzied PW.

I remember being in a line to get into the reception room. There are just too many people and too much noise and I'm tired, so I insinuate myself into the VIP line. When I get beyond the barrier I'm judged by those already there as a line jumper and an intruder, so I take a nap on a lovely couch. Soon, I'm enlisted to clean up the floor and dish wash some huge and ungainly pots (still in my lovely party dress).

There's some kind of funky latex surgical glove-udder-tubing thing on the floor and I shriek and throw it back under the stove. The PW is racing around, and eventually I catch on that I've neglected to pay her for the privilege of staying at her ranch. Another late-arriving guest asks straight out what the rate is--it's $88 for the two nights. In preparation for her saying, "no charge" he's placed two $100 bills in a thank you card, but she absolutely refuses the second $100.

I try to cover my ignorance--bluff my way by saying my checkbook is in my purse and I'd planned to pay later. PW's cool, and also very busy running to and fro.

Next we're sizing up our accommodations and someone (not me because I did wash the floor and some heavy pots) is given a pillow, a sheet, and a couple of blue blankets to sleep on the dining room table.

I remember the appetizers were very lovely.

No comments: