23 July 2010

RESURFACING, Two ways.

I'm coming up for air. I took two complete days off from life--cooking, exercising, socializing... CA was out of town at Gigi's and I was able to dive under the radar. Bliss.

And, our driveway is on its way toward resurfacing--the blacktop kind. That is, if the rain ever ceases. I'm actually loving the rain. Our landscaping is lush and our flowers are perky. Our front window and back French doors actually steamed up today. I've never seen that happen before today. A true indication of the humidity level here in northern Illinois.

Yoga today, but not tomorrow because I always take Saturdays off. 6:00am yoga today. Painful, bleary-eyed yoga today. Friday's yogi is gentle and kind and takes into consideration that it's 6:00am yoga. Bliss.

I'm beginning a project for Haiti. My small contribution--helping a friend who's a nurse and leaving on September 21st for a medical mission to Haiti. I'm not a trooper when it comes to travel travails, so I don't volunteer for overseas or distant mission trips. I've always said that I'm very willing to "bake the cookies"--or do some administrative work to speed others along.

Next week we begin moving Aunt Margie to her assisted living, or sheltered care apartment. She's been very upbeat about the decision and repeatedly assures GJ that she's up for the move. We plan to move her in, make her comfortable with as many of her treasured possessions as possible, and then store the rest until we're sure that she's content with the arrangements. We'll all breathe easier when she's safe and secure--especially GJ whose responsibilities and care for MK have increased exponentially over the past few years.

No comments: