25 August 2009

WORKING AGAIN

Just as I have come to accept my "retirement," a job developed. I am working for just a bit over a week as an Executive Assistant in the financial district, at a very convenient location. Glad to be back in the saddle again! This is my comfort zone--working weekdays and vegging on the weekends! The work is not too stimulating, so I have time to work on the e-version of my cookbook.

This summer has been filled with extended family activities, so CA and I were more than happy to spend my birthday weekend at home. This was a big number birthday, and I was unusually preoccupied with the approaching day.

We had a lovely steak dinner on Sunday night, but no presents! I am thinking about a new digital camera, but not yet ready to make the purchase. Maybe before the little girls get here in early October, and before our trip to Kaua'i on October 18th.

Still reading lots of fiction, but nothing worth mentioning--go figure!

Can't decide if I want to work more this Fall, or not. Maybe just until the little girls arrive, and maybe a short stint here or there during their 4-month visit. I hate to think of missing out on any time I can spend with them.

JA and LE will be in Chicago Labor Day weekend, so we will have fun visiting new parks and seeing new tricks.

No comments: