25 September 2023

Last Day in Nice

Last full day here. The 14 days had gone by so quickly. 

Mid-70s again and sunny, so hot and humid. CA is convalescing so we had a morning in, planning on trying a new Cours Saleya restaurant for lunch. 

It’s a Monday brocante day again, so I went down ahead of CA to browse the market before meeting him for lunch at Carmela. I found two tiny, cone-shaped ceramic vases,  hand-painted and very French. The vendor wrapped them in a pure white linen towel which I’m delighted to be take home. 




CA had been thinking about pasta for awhile, and  we both ordered the Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe (pasta with a creamy cheese sauce and black pepper sprinkled generously). I also ordered the fresh Tomato Tarte, Minute Tapenade (olive purée) to share. Good enough, but not special. 





When I leave to get the tram for Nicetoile (indoor mall) to buy another piece of luggage, CA walks out to the Promenade for a restorative time along the Mediterranean in the bright sunshine. 


My 3rd piece of Lipault luggage. A French brand I’d found at The Container Store. Much less expensive here. 


My task completed, I pick up a fresh baguette for dinner and tomorrow’s breakfast. We both spend the late afternoon and evening reading and resting for Part 2 of the European adventure. 

No comments: