30 April 2013

The Inevitable Diet

8 Weight Watcher Points
 
I have always been a yo-yo dieter. Lately, my post-menopausal nervous system has periodically had me on the anxiety diet. Not my favorite way to lose weigh, to say the least, but effective.
 
Two years ago LL and I added Weight Watchers to our ongoing speed walking dates. We both were quite successful. Then, last spring we again began going to WW meetings, but soon dropped out...
 
So, this is Day 3 of my 3-month WW online commitment. LL is working up to starting to attend meetings again. We each have to do this within our own timeline. I believe she'll go to a meeting soon, because another friend has begun joining us occasionally on our walks. BS has lost almost 20 lbs. on WW since January. Inspirational.
 
 
Isn't Jennifer Hudson the best spokesperson ever! She's gorgeous and so talented.
 
 
I'm always an inspired cook when I'm seriously dieting. The poached egg mélange pictured above is today's breakfast-brunch. 8 points is alot, but this is loaded with good stuff and tasty (filling) enough that I was able to skip the bread. I always need bread with eggs.
 
EGGS FLORENTINE
 
1 T. Olive oil
4 Mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 cup Sweet onions, thickly sliced
2 cups Spinach
Salt + Pepper
2 Eggs
 
  1. Heat olive oil in sauté pan or wok, over high flame
  2. Stir-fry onions until slightly opaque
  3. Add mushroom and stir-fry with onions.
  4. When mushroom and onions just begin to carmelize, stir in spinach until wilted.
  5. Salt and pepper vegetables, to taste
  6. Drain vegetable mixture in a colander while preparing eggs.
  7. Return vegetables to the still warm sauté pan
  8. Place eggs in silicone poachers, sprayed with Pam, then microwave for 60 - 70 seconds.
  9. Remove vegetables to a serving plate
  10. Arrange eggs over vegetable mixture. Enjoy!
 

No comments: