27 May 2008

BEING THE TEMP


First 8-week assignment. Love springtime in Chicago, but it will soon be hot summer and humid. Make a point of seeing the river as I cross it on my way from the train station to the financial district. Also, there is a lovely garden between The Northern Trust Bank and the CTA elevated tracks and I walk through it, instead of around it. The tulips have faded, but they were spectacular. Interested to see what takes their place and how often the palette changes.

A very straight-up organization. Businesslike and well appointed. No complaints for an inaugural assignment.

Cuts into my down time and the evenings are a blur. Weekends become even more precious. I need one full day at home just to re-center and be me--a comfortable homebody and a growing introvert--but only in the good ways!

No comments: